What is an EMDR Intensive?
Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing is your brain’s way of healing itself from various levels of trauma. Through EMDR the brain rewires the stinking thinking or negative beliefs to where you no longer believe “I’m unworthy, unlovable, stupid, or not enough” or any other negative beliefs. In traditional week to week appointments healing can occur over the course of weeks, months, or years. However, with an EMDR intensive you have the ability to process the information faster and heal quicker. If you have experienced a recent trauma or have childhood wounds you can clear these negative beliefs from the traumas through a 1-3 day intensive.
It doesn’t have to get worse before it gets better!
Reasons to consider doing an EMDR Intensive
- It’s cost effective. Therapy is concentrated and highly focused. Over the course of a year for what you would pay for a weekly therapy session you would pay for an intensive or less!
- Get time back in your schedule. Instead of working your schedule around therapy just free up your schedule for 1-3 days for an intensive.
- Faster symptom reduction. Get results in a matter of days not weeks, months, or years!
- You don’t have live in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Treat this like your retreat to not just reset, but heal. Come meet me here at my office and begin your journey of wellness.
How much does an intensive cost?
- A full day intensive is from 9 AM – 5 PM. I charge a daily rate of $1200
- A 50% deposit will be required to secure your spot
- The rest will be collected at the end of the intensive
What does a typical EMDR intensive look like?
- The day starts at 9 AM there are two breaks scheduled throughout the day. The first is a mid morning break, followed by a lunch break at noon, then a mid afternoon break and wrap up at 5PM.
How will I know how long of an intensive I need?
- Please contact me via my website and schedule a free 20 minute consultation.
- During the consultation we will discuss your goals and from there determine the amount of days.
If I am local, do I go back home each day?
- Do what serves you best, treat this like your own personal retreat.
- However, you don’t have to be local to do an EMDR intensive. Check out norfolkairport.com for our local airport information.
How do I schedule an EMDR intensive?
- Please contact me through my website and I will be more than happy to schedule a free 20 minute consultation! Talk soon!